Smartling is looking for a creative and passionate Senior Frontend Engineer for a remote, work-from-home position, anywhere in the continental United States. You will work on our suite of cutting-edge, highly interactive, service-driven applications. The ideal candidate should be as excited as we are about learning, discussing and using the latest techniques in software engineering to create highly scalable, performant services used by thousands of people every day.
Tasks at hand
- Develop new single-page applications using React + Redux, Node.js and ES2017
- Develop components within a highly scalable component architecture
- Peer code reviews
- Design and implement functional tests
- Collaborate with product and backend service teams
- Strong knowledge of React + Redux
- Software Design knowledge: Microservices, Design Patterns, Functional Programming SPA Design (Single Page Application)
- Webpack (or Rollup) and transpiling Babel
- Experience with Node (Express, Koa) and NPM (especially server)
- CSS modules/pre-processors (Less, Sass, CSS Next)
- Graphql, WebSockets (beyond REST), Apollo Client
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and the ability to work effectively as a remote team member
Nice to Have
- TDD (Jest, Enzyme, etc.)
- Open Source projects
- Isomorphic applications
- Experience with AWS and infrastructure
- Monorepos (Lerna)
- Styled Components
- Apollo Server is a plus
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.