- Reasons your business needs a mobile app
- Native vs cross-platform mobile development
- Android vs iOS mobile development
- Mobile app builder vs freelance developers vs mobile development company
- How much does it cost to build an app?
According to forecasts, mobile apps are expected to generate $189 billion in revenue by 2020. Moreover, the Apple App Store has 2.2 million apps available for download. But profit is not the only point you need to consider when you thinking about growing your business with the help of a mobile app. You need to have a clear vision of all pros and cons.
A mobile application is a must-have for small businesses. No, this is not our personal opinion. Today’s customers want to interact with your business through a mobile solution. Looking for the smartest way to create it? Then read this article.
Reasons your business needs a mobile app
If you still do not figure out do you need to allocate a budget for building a mobile app for your business we gathered three main reasons that you need to take into consideration before diving into this issue.
- Meet customers’ expectations. A mobile application used to be a novelty that only large businesses could afford. Today, it has become an integral part of the user experience. Customers have long been fond of applications and often prefer them to browser websites. Mobile app development is the perfect way to give customers what they want and what they are used to.
- Let them shop on the go. Do you know why your customers want to work through an application? Because it allows instant transactions. The ability to quickly make payments and place orders on the go are some of the main reasons why users choose apps. Do you understand what this means for your business? Provide them with an application and they will be more likely to spend their money more readily.
- Track their behavior and personalize your offers. Your mobile application will also have a pool of user data where you can learn more about customers, track their specific behavioral patterns, and create personalized offers for each client. Custom deals through the mobile app are one more key to sales.
So, what questions do you need to address before starting mobile application development?
Native vs cross-platform mobile development
Before the running development stage, you need to answer the question about will your application be native or responsive. Let us reveal this issue to you and explain what both of these terms mean.
- A native application is created for a specific operating system (OS) — Android, iOS, Windows, or Linux, and the solution can not work with any other OS. In this case, the application and the operating system are perfectly paired, and the entire user interface is thought out taking into account the requirements of the operating system and the design of the devices on which the application will run. A native application is ideal for the coolest user experience and the highest level of security. It is more expensive to build than a cross-platform app though.
- A cross-platform application, as the name implies, means that the application adjusts to the operating system on which it runs. In general, this is a fairly easy and budget-friendly option. However, it can be difficult to achieve an ideal user experience, as it is simply not possible to cover the requirements of all operating systems. A cross-platform application can be a good budget option to test the response from a target audience and provide enough feedback, to allow you to invest in a native solution wisely. You can read more in our article about Kotlin Multiplatform for cross-platform app development.
Android vs iOS mobile development
If you’ve made the decision to create a native mobile app, then the next choice will be if it is for Android or iOS? This can be an easy decision. Choose the operating system that the majority of your target audience uses.
However, if your target market consists of both iOS and Android users equally it is necessary to choose a cross-platform development or to compare the advantages and disadvantages of Android and iOS mobile development.
Pros and cons of iOS mobile development
- Very high-quality applications are created in strict accordance with the requirements of the operating system
- High level of security
- IOS users are more likely to make in-app purchases and pay for subscriptions than Android users
- Fewer users
- Higher development cost
- Longer time to approve the publishing of the application to the App Store
Pros and cons of Android app development
- Android OS has more users since Android devices are quite affordable
- Android development is cheaper
- Android applications are quickly published in the Play Market
- Android OS has weaker security criteria
- Development takes a lot of time
- Applications are updated only after user approval, which may impair the experience in older versions
Mobile app builder vs freelance developers vs mobile development company
As soon as you have resolved the first two questions, the next one is who builds the app? You have three options — create an application yourself, find a freelance app developer, or hire a mobile app developer.
A mobile app builder can create something similar to a mobile app, however, it is very unlikely that it will meet the needs of your business and target users. Moreover, this is an unrealistic option if you want to create an application for iOS.
A smart option might be to hire a freelance mobile app developer. This allows you to save money if you decide to hire an app developer in India or China for example. The only drawback of working with freelancers is there is often no legal recourse if you have problems.
The wisest choice is hiring a mobile application development company. In this case, you can choose a vendor with the most suitable experience, get the necessary guarantees including a non-disclosure obligation, and personally monitor the development process. Of course, the location of the vendor also matters. Top app development companies in the USA will cost you a fortune. So to maintain a reasonable balance between quality and price you can choose Ukrainian app development companies for example.
How much does it cost to build an app?
When it comes to the price of the building apps, a lot will depend on the next decisions that you make at the very beginning.
- A native application will cost more than a responsive or cross-platform application.
- iOS development will cost more than an Android app creation.
- A cheap app developer from Taiwan for instance will ask for less money than freelance Android developers Germany.
After making a decision to create a mobile application for your business, you need to choose a vendor that will help you maintain a balance between quality and price. We at Cprime Studios have great experience in mobile development, and we have long honed our ability to tailor our processes to the needs of the business we are serving at reasonable costs.
Let's get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org right now and discuss ideas for your future mobile application!