How to make EMR implementation successful for healthcare providers

Archer's Webinar: How to make EMR implementation successful for healthcare providers

As nearly all practices have an immediate, practical interest in improving the efficiency and use of their EHR system, in our webinar we’re addressing the important questions of how the healthcare providers should be dealing with EMR development and implementation to ensure the system adds value to the medical care they offer.

Our guest speakers are covering the basic technological aspects of EMR system development that will help you get a structured approach to the implementation project and build a system that is tied closely to your medical practice needs, scalable, secure, and user-friendly.


Block 1:

Efficient data management in EHR/EMR development

Dmitriy Vinichenko, Project Manager, Cprime Studios

  • How to guarantee data quality in EHR when combining data from multiple sources?
  • How to incorporate data from third-party sources, like labs or insurance companies, etc.
  • What it takes to build a robust UI/UX for EMR solutions: data entering and editing, dashboards and analytics, accesses, and roles.

Block 2:

HIPAA compliance and Electronic medical records: Securing patient personal data at all stages of EHR implementation

Noah Lance, Sec/DevOps Engineer, Cprime

  • Why is HIPAA certification for EHR systems a must and how to ensure compliance with its requirements?
  • How to efficiently incorporate the cybersecurity standards in the EHR implementation plan?
  • What procedures can help you maintain compliance at every stage of the EMR usage?

Block 3: 

Working with EMR and Health IT Developers from requirements to system launch and support

Brian Katz, VP Business Development, Americas, Cprime Studios

  • How to choose the right outsourcing partner to design, develop, and deliver your bespoke EHR solution?
  • What tools to use to gain control over the project's budget and timeline and quality of the delivered EMR system?
  • What are the key drivers of success for the EHR implementation project?

EHRs are used by healthcare providers to facilitate the share of information with other healthcare providers and organizations such as laboratories, specialists, insurance, medical imaging facilities, pharmacies, emergency facilities, and school and workplace clinics. The information flow enables all the parties involved to offer patients more advanced care, more accurate diagnosis, and treatment through deeper insights into their medical conditions gathered and combined from various sources.

EMR implementation How Why When

To ensure the data in EHR is never corrupted as well as to maintain data interoperability, usability, and safety, health information exchange is highly regulated by numerous rules and standards for message format, document architecture, clinical templates, user interface, cybersecurity, and patient data linkage.

Federal healthcare legislation mandating the adoption of the EHR/EMR systems boosted the Electronic Medical Records industry, and Medicare penalties for healthcare providers that cannot attest to the meaningful use of electronic health records have brought on shifts in demand for particular products and services. This results in that only 10 percent of physicians said they would leave their current EHR system as it is, according to a survey by Deloitte, and the rest 90 percent are looking into options of advancing their IT systems.