Industrial automation allows pharma and medical companies to have more transparent resource management and better quality control, ensures deeper insights into areas of improvement, easier compliance with various regulations and standards. In our next webinar, we cover the embedded system development to facilitate Manufacture resource planning (MRP) and Manufacturing process management (MPM).
Every production company is continually fighting for more efficient manufacturing lines, focusing on cutting costs, increasing resource planning accuracy, and optimizing resource usage. This is especially true for all the productions in the medical industry: from pharmaceutical companies to medical device manufacturers. Errors and delays in these spheres of manufacturing can cost a lot and not just financially, but in many cases reputationally or, what is more important - it may result in health damage of the patients using the company’s products.
Another important issue for pharmaceutical companies specifically is the market pressure to reduce prices on their products. And the only comprehensive way of allowing price reduction is to make the manufacture more cost-efficient or, in other words, to have strict control over all the processes, resources, and materials in the plant line, automate and unify the data about pharma or medical manufacturing performance.
All of these tasks can be solved through the introduction of the embedded system that connects to the key sensors and equipment in the production line, gathers the data about capacity utilization, conditions in the production unit, electricity and other resources.
Dmitriy Kostaryev, Senior Project manager at Cprime Studios, who has been working with different types of healthcare software development for over 10 years, and has extended experience with embedded and IoT systems for manufacturing companies, covers the following challenges of automation in manufacture resource planning and process management and how to solve them with the embedded system:
- Setting up resource flow management and accounting processes (raw materials, chemicals, water, electricity, steam, gas, etc.);
- Controlling the quality of products and medical certifications and regulations compliance;
- Data collection from various types of equipment and machinery, as well as sensors from the production facilities;
- Monitoring and analyzing capacity utilization and equipment loading optimization;
- Creating a real-time enterprise energy balance;
- Tracking energy costs per production unit and for the whole company;
- Developing comprehensive dashboards that allow analyzing the parameters and costs structure;
- Integrating embedded systems for manufacturing automation into the digital ecosystem of the company (ERP, WMS, Accounting solutions, etc.).