Today the process of introducing various data went so much further than the simple paper graphics, text charts, etc. have become things of the past. Luckily, there had appeared such concept as data visualization where most of the important information is presented in an interactive and simple way. What's even more fortunate is that these days we are able to receive all the collected and processed data by downloading special applications and using just a few tools. Let’s figure out how you can develop the data visualization software.
- 3 tips to create the data visualization software
- Define your target in the software development
- Think over the details that will make your software unique
- Personalize the work in your application
- What is the cost of the custom data visualization software?
These days data visualization is a perfect combination of the mathematical and computer sciences. Deep knowledge of those two fields is a great advantage for those who want to develop data visualization software. However, that's not the main condition and even not a necessary requirement. First of all, you will need an idea of how to make your startup differ from the other similar products. But if there is anyone eager for a more detailed explanation on how to build software for data visualization here are few tips on where to start and how to succeed in the development of this particular software.
3 tips to create the data visualization software
So for the start, you need to establish few main ground rules, in order to build your foundation, so to say. Let's first note that data visualization software is mainly oriented on the business industry since it is used for collecting and analyzing big data in order of performing the final reports in a more comprehensive and easy way. Therefore the target audience is more or less clear, those are such specialists as managers, economists, analytics.
Now we can move on to the first and biggest question for your further development, which is how you can contribute to this industry. What are the reasons for the customers to turn into your regular software users? You should think through the purposes and functions of the application, as well as the other more technical-specific features. Some of them we will mention as examples later. Keep in mind that the cost to develop the data visualization software might also differ depending on all those factors.
Define your target in the software development
So let's start with the aim of your project. Firstly, data visualization software development should be concentrated on the prior task we have discussed already, which is presenting comprehensive data information.
In order to build a well-competitive product developers should concentrate their work on qualified and interactive reporting tools, such as infographics, detailed bars, pie and fever charts, etc. It is necessary that those visualization methods would consist only of the most important content, so you should work on their flexibility for editing and analyzing information at any point of the data processing.
Develop the program according to the needs of your potential customers. Since the complexity of the data for business analysis is constantly growing, keep in mind that you might consider creating a big data visualization software to fit in this quickly changing industry.
Think over the details that will make your software unique
The difficulty of the development is composed of two elements. Those are the design of the software’s visual representation and the number of its technical features. However, exactly those two elements are the reasons why your product will differ from others. So our advice is to concentrate your attention on next issues:
- First of all, pick just a few tools you would like your user to have for data visualization. You can always work later on adding more product options, however, first, it is better to master at least a few. Go with the most requested and common tools, such as charts for instance. It is better to make more variations of one tool than confuse your users by offering many tools with limited options.
- Also, decide whether you will need to go with 3D animation, or 2D will be already enough. Such a decision as well should be based on the aim of your product and the needs of your potential customers. The complexity of those two ways of data visualization is pretty different, so pick 3D only when it is a must, not wastefulness.
- Center your efforts on attempts to support any data format for the greater comfort of your users. This is the treat your users will appreciate the most. Build software in a way it will be able to deal with at least the majority, if not all of the formats. Additionally, a nice feature will be the software’s ability to automatically integrate disparate formats with one another.
- Work on the live performance data. Collecting it live gives a lot of new opportunities. Offer online web-based operations, so users could collaborate with one another while they are working with the data in your application. Give them an ability to observe performance indicators changing while one is still working on the report and editing new information. Such a chance of monitoring the process is a great way to attract more participants to your software.
Personalize the work in your application
Don’t ever undervalue the power of the personalization of the application. By personalizing profiles, first, you give people their own space to be - they might want to keep the history of their work, reports they have made, or records of the collaborative projects. Secondly, personal profiles give an opportunity to connect users with one another. They can hold live sessions, send their reports within just one software. In fact, it is a very convenient and time-saving solution so it helps to receive a wider audience for an app without doing almost anything.
Moreover, such an approach will ease the way of performing the collective work and sharing the visualized data in the company, which is a valuable feature when it comes to large businesses. You make data access and data manipulation as easy as ever by providing full control over the data among the users.
In addition, it is always appreciated if you are offering some tutorials in the beginning. This way with the help and support from your side, your customers will feel welcomed and way sooner start to interact with the software on the more advanced level.
What is the cost of the custom data visualization software?
So once you have made your mind about what you want to have in your software and got some ideas, you will need to consult with a developer’s company about the possible app development cost. The price for your software development will depend mainly on its complexity and only partly on the platform you want to build them on.
Either it’s iOS or Android or both of them you still have firstly consider all the features we have already mentioned above and decide which of the platforms might become a better start for the software. Consider the interface you want to design, the specifics of the tasks you want to cover, which documents and formats your software will be able to deal with, decide which devices it will be able to support, etc.
As we see there are plenty of ways to explain difficult data information by visualizing it. However, the best thing about data visualization software is that you can actually interact with the data, edit and perform in the way you feel comfortable. Therefore, the core of the program is your idea, the rest is up to the developers’ work.
If you want to learn more about the process of building such software, get professional consultations and order a custom software you should contact our company. Cprime Studios has a broad experience and wide range of skills in the IT industry and our experts are able to help you with projects of any complexity. Contact us now at firstname.lastname@example.org.