In this article, we explain what is cloud integration and how this practice can help you make your business more optimized and data-driven.
- What is Cloud Data Integration
- Cloud Data Integration Types
- Benefits of Cloud Data Integration
- Cloud Data Integration FAQs
- A Cloud Data Integration Example
What is Cloud Data Integration
Cloud data integration is when you gather all the data you have in your public, private or hybrid clouds and on-premise storage in one place. The goal of cloud data integration is to create a unified, easily accessible, secure and effective storage for all the data.
To do this, you have to use a cloud integration platform like the Oracle cloud data integration solution, plus get in touch with a cloud data integration vendor for professional assistance and support.
Cloud Data Integration Types
There are several approaches to cloud integration. Choosing the right strategy depends on the data itself, your cloud data integration project specifics and your future vision for data management and analysis.
- Data consolidation. This approach is based on extract, transform, load (ETL) technology. In this case, the data is consolidated from several sources, converted in a single format and loaded to new storage.
- Data propagation. This process is simply transferring data from one storage place to another; it can be synchronous or asynchronous.
- Data virtualization. In this case, the data can only be accessed from a single place, but it will still be stored in separate locations. Data federation is an approach to data visualization.
Benefits of Cloud Data Integration
Cloud to cloud integration delivers the following business benefits:
- Data synchronization. This is the core goal of cloud data integration, which is to make all your data classified, synchronized and stored in one place. Such a practice adds a lot of clarity to cloud data management since you get complete control over your data, access rights and use cases.
- Financial and operational cost reduction. The simplification of data access and management allows the employees to save a lot of time, plus smart data storage in a single place allows for consuming only the capacity and computing power that your business really needs.
- Removing duplicating data. When a business uses several data storages, some pieces of data are duplicating. Cloud application integration allows you to remove data duplicates and decrease the storage capacity.
- Workflow automatization. Managing your data from single storage allows your staff to avoid manual data copying and data entry. It also allows you to generate analytical reports automatically taking all the data available into account.
- Better opportunities for data analysis. When all your data is classified and stored in a single place, it opens up opportunities for comprehensive data analysis and allows you to extract insights on the effectiveness of your business and customer behavior that could be used for business growth development strategies.
Cloud Data Integration FAQs
- Cloud Data Integration vs Cloud Integration - Is There a Difference?
No, there is no difference between these two concepts.
- Is Cloud Data Integration the Same As Cloud-Based Data Integration Platform as a Service (IPaaS)?
Cloud data integration is a data management strategy aimed at giving the business more flexibility and control over their data, while IPaaS is a tool that is used in the process of cloud data integration.
- Is Cloud Data Integration the Same as Cloud Surfing?
Cloud surfing is the process of transferring data from one cloud to another, while cloud data integration is consolidating data from different clouds and on-premise storage.
A Cloud Data Integration Example
Here is a cloud data integration example from Cprime Studios practices on how to integrate data synchronization between two cloud systems performing different roles.
A company providing services for restaurants has its own cloud system. That system calculates and distributes data related to the employees’ financial data via payroll software. And the company wanted to integrate all of its data with its other cloud systems.
In this case, everything related to personnel is transferred to the system, which transmits specific data on a person. We make that integration possible by transmitting data from one system to another.
While the process may seem like an easy task, in practice it requires a clear plan and strategy, plus strong technical expertise to help you create a holistic data infrastructure from several data sources.
Cprime Studios has a lot of hands-on experience in cloud data integration, data migration, and legacy system modernization projects. We would be happy to assist you with these projects, so please get in touch with us to discuss your business data needs!